It is usual for us to need a little cash before the next salary is paid now and then. Emergencies such as the failing health of a loved one, unexpected opportunities, and unforeseen needs may warrant that we borrow a little amount of cash and pay up when we receive the next paycheck. Lenders are aware of this need. Hence, we have lots of lenders, both online or offline, that offer payday loan services in Alberta, CA. You only need to apply and fill some documents to get approved for the loan. Very high-interest rates characterize payday loans. It is worth considering both sides of taking a payday loan before proceeding to make one.
What are payday loans in Alberta?
A payday loan is a type of loan that is taken for a short period, usually repaid two to four weeks after, which may coincide with the next payday. Payday loans, as the name implies, are loans that a paid worker takes and pays back when he or she receives the next salary.
Payday loans may also be advertised as no credit check loans as most payday loan companies in Alberta do not consider the borrower's credit rating before approving payday loan requests.
What do you need to get an online payday loan in Alberta ?
A payday loan is quite easy to secure as most lenders don't consider your credit before your payday loan is approved. The borrower is usually required to visit the loan company office or website to fill out some forms. The primary criteria for being eligible for payday loan online include:
- Being of legal age (18 years and above)
- Have a phone number
- Have proof that you are currently employed
- Have a checking account
Borrowers who get their payday loans from the physical office of the lender are required to write a check of the amount to be repaid to the business. People who apply for an online payday loan in Alberta are required to give the lenders access to debit the repayment amount from borrowers' accounts. When repaying the loan, borrowers are often charged a fee as interest on the loan. This can range from 15% to 30% of the borrowed sum. Once all the necessary criteria are met, the lender disburses the loan to the borrower.
Depend on which state you are, loan companies can give cash up to $500 as pay day loans.
Some peculiarities of payday loans online
Payday loans online are often very fast to get
With all the requirements in place, one can secure online payday loans within 30 minutes. So if the borrower needs money urgently, he or she can meet the expenses right away. Some online Alberta payday loan lenders take less than 30 minutes to approve and disburse online loans.
Payday loans have high-interest rates
The high-interest rate charged by lenders is why some states do not yet allow their residents to offer or take online payday loans. Some states that allow payday loans online services have some regulations in place to protect the borrower from paying too much on loan.
Interest rates on typical payday loans in Alberta can reach as high as 500% APR. Where borrowers are not able to pay back the loan entirely on the agreed repayment date, there is usually an option to extend repayment. Extending repayment comes with added fees. Where the borrower has to extend loan repayment for more than three months, he or she may tend to pay almost the value of the amount borrowed as added fees. That is about 100% plus interest on borrowed money.
Payday loans bad credit check
Most payday loans online lenders do not require a good credit rating before approving payday loan requests. However, higher loan amounts and better interest rates go to customers with an excellent repayment record. This simply means payday loan companies are more likely to give higher sums and better interest rates to borrowers who always pay back their loans on schedule. On the other hand, new applicants and borrowers who struggled to repay previously lent loans are offered relatively lesser cash with higher interest rates.
People who are employed under military service and their dependents have special privileges as it relates to securing loans. They are to pay not more than 36% APR on whatever credit they take. You should not find it surprising to find a place on your application form that requires you to state your military affiliation.
When taking online payday loans can be a good idea?
There are times when situations may push us to extremes. At these times, we may have no other choice than to go with what is available. If you have tried all the better alternatives to payday loans and nothing positive turns out, you can resort to payday loans.
You may consider payday loans as a last resort to manage emergency needs for money and to key into unexpected opportunities. Sometimes we need cash to key into opportunities like promo sales on essential products or services. Using payday loans for these purposes might be a good idea.
You can also use online payday loans in Alberta for bad credit as these direct lenders do not usually consider credit rating before approving loans.
How to take a Alberta payday loan online without regrets?
Before taking payday loans, you need to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions of the loan. You must know what happens if you are unable to pay up as at when due. Some states allow the borrower's loan to be extended for a restricted number of times. Be sure you correctly understand what your state laws specify concerning payday loans.
When taking Alberta payday loans, take only as much as you need and as less as you can. Due to its high-interest rate, it is not financially wise to borrow so much on payday loans. Also, due to the risk of having to extend repayment, you should try to borrow what you can afford to pay once you receive your paycheck.
Evaluate your financial standing. Apart from your other regular expenses, do you think you'll have enough to cover for the loan? If you are unsure, you may need to have a rethink on taking the payday loan.
If you eventually summon the courage to take a payday loan, make adequate plans to pay up right on schedule. Repaying the loan on time will reduce the chances of extending the loan, which will cost you more in the long run. Prepare multiple sources for repayment. If, after receiving your salary, you find that you cannot meet up with loan repayment, you can borrow non-interest cash to offset payday loans. As much as possible, don't let your loan to extend.
How to keep your finances in control?
You stand a better chance of getting good deals on payday loans if your financial standing is good. You can use the following tips to help you stay clear.
- Set financial goals and stick with them: We should all have financial goals for the year broken every month. Putting your business plan for the month in writing increases the chances you will stick to them. If emergencies then surface, you can quickly see how it can affect your financial goals. With this knowledge, you can then brainstorm how you can navigate the issue of borrowing to take care of emergencies.
- Save before considering safe online payday loans: Saving a portion of your income no matter how much you earn, cannot be overemphasized. The purpose of savings is to cushion you when things go awry. The same emergencies that would drive you to seek payday loans can be solved using personal savings that have accumulated over time. Be sure to save no matter what. Your savings will keep you on time. Also, when your savings are not enough to take care of your emergency, you can be sure that to an extent, combining your savings with the loan will reduce the interest rate drastically.
- Insurance Matters: Most emergencies that lead to taking payday loans have insurance plans. You may not be able to secure an insurance plan that can take care of all your emergencies. Nevertheless, try to have insurance that covers you as much as possible during emergencies.
- Improve your credit rating: A good credit score will give you access to loans with lower interest rates and higher sum. If you have an outstanding debt that has lowered your credit rating, make plans to improve your score. Debt managers can give you helpful tips to improve your credit score, and you can get a loan online with better terms.
- Get expert financial advisers: Don't run your finances all alone. Employ financial advisory services to help you make quality business decisions. Some companies which offer cash loans online also provide free financial advisory services. Excellent financial advisory service eventually pays off. Be sure you get one.
Frequently asked questions about pay day loans
Can I get safe online payday loans no credit check?
Many Alberta payday loan lenders do not usually require borrower's credit scores. However, there are different ways lenders determine what loan amount they'll give you when you qualify. Lenders may provide small loans of about $100 - $300 without a credit check. But for loan sums ranging from $400 and above, lenders may require a credit check. In any case, you should read the lender's policy on borrowers' credit check if it is a criterion for loans.
How instant is the payday advance loans application processed?
This depends on the individual situation and organization policy. Loans can be processed within minutes or hours. For instance, if you apply for a loan on Friday afternoon, you may get a response by Monday. You should apply earlier on a weekday to reduce the time required to process your loan.
Also, if your loan application is considered special, it may take longer to process. For instance, if you want to borrow a larger loan sum, lenders would need more time to process the loan.
What can make lenders of online payday loans for bad credit deny my loan application?
There are some reasons lenders may deny a loan application. This include:
1. Incomplete filling of forms: If you leave out certain important details when filling your form, the application may be denied.
2. When credit score does not meet online payday loan lender's expectation: Seeking loans of higher sums often requires a good credit rating. If your credit rating is confirmed and found short of the lender's requirement, an application may be denied.
3. If your previous lending history with pay day loan lender is not good enough: Lenders may, at their own discretion, deny loan applications from people who defaulted on previous loans. For instance, a person who had to be forced to repay a previous loan may not get approved by the same lender.
When do payday advance online loan lenders run credit checks?
Lenders run credit checks based on their policy. Some lenders require a credit check on any borrower regardless of the loan amount. Some others do not require a credit check for smaller loans unless in case of higher sums. Those lenders who require a credit check, do so anytime after applying for the advance and approval.
Can I use a payday loan online to clear credit card debt?
Some lenders have special loans that can be used to clear credit card loans. Other lenders may not have a specific payday loan package for this, but you can use the loan to clear credit card debt.
It becomes obvious that payday loans could be a blessing or setback on one's finances, depending on how it is managed. As such, using payday loans to upgrade personal lifestyle may be quite unnecessary when we consider the cost. It is better to try non-interest or lower interest credit sources before resorting to a payday loan. Also, when taking a payday loan Alberta CA, the rule of thumb is to take as little as you can afford to pay once as at when due.